Smoked Salmon Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 ounces smoked salmon fillet, flaked (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese and flour. Transfer to pastry.
- In a large skillet, saute tomatoes and onion in oil just until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in salmon. Spoon over cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt. Pour into pastry. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Quiche
Sort By :
"Do you use cold smoked or hot smoked salmon? I used hot smoked from my trip to Ireland and it was really good. We topped it with a slightly warm sauce of horseradish, mayo and Greek yogurt, salt and pepper and it was great. Leftovers with a bit of sirracha was also tasty."