Smoked Salmon Quesadillas
From her kitchen in Chiniak, Alaska, Becky Applebee serves golden tortilla wedges filled with a rich combination of smoked salmon, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, garlic and dill. They're a snap to whip up for the salmon lovers in your family.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and
- garlic. Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place three
- tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or large skillet. spread
- with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with salmon and cheese. Cover
- with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and
- cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 829 calories, 50 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 1,176 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a