Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 ounces smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In another bowl, mix cream cheese and goat cheese until blended; spread over tortillas. Top half side of each with the salmon, shallots and red pepper; fold over.
- 2. Place quesadillas on a greased griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheeses are melted. Serve with sauce; top with cilantro. Yield: 3 servings (2/3 cup sauce).
1 quesadilla with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 453 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,118 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.