These extra-special quesadillas take just minutes to make, but you'll want to savor them for as long as possible. Sprinkle the cheesy wedges with chopped fresh cilantro. —Daniel Shemtob, Irvine, California
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 ounces smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In another bowl, mix cream cheese and goat cheese until blended; spread over tortillas. Top half side of each with the salmon, shallots and red pepper; fold over.
- Place quesadillas on a greased griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheeses are melted. Serve with sauce; top with cilantro. Yield: 3 servings (2/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p36
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review