Smoked Salmon Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped smoked salmon
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, onions, lemon peel, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in salmon. Spread over tortillas.
- 2. In a small bowl, toss arugula with olive oil and lemon juice; place over salmon mixture. Roll up tortillas tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cut each roll-up into nine slices. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 appetizers equals 90 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.