Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
Rachelle Rodwell of New York, New York sends these delightful salmon and arugula bites that are easy to double and a snap to prepare. They make for a perfect no-mess finger food everyone will enjoy.
18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped smoked salmon
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, onions, lemon peel,
- salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small
- bowl; stir in salmon. Spread over tortillas.
- In a small bowl, toss arugula with olive oil and lemon juice; place
- over salmon mixture. Roll up tortillas tightly and wrap in plastic
- wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cut each roll-up into nine slices.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 appetizers equals 90 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.