- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped smoked salmon
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, onions, lemon peel, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in salmon. Spread over tortillas.
- In a small bowl, toss arugula with olive oil and lemon juice; place over salmon mixture. Roll up tortillas tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cut each roll-up into nine slices. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
"These looked all right, but there could be improvements in the flavour.I would pick the spinach or lettuce over the arugula, which makes it way too bitter.I would not add any salt since it is not necessary-- smoked salmon is salty enough and the saltiness overwhelmed the cream cheese.There is no need for lemon zest-- just lemon juice is enoughDill is a good substitue for the green onion as the green onion enhances salty flavours.Looks better and tastes better when you spread the cream cheese on the tortilla, then layer a bit of the fish on top, then the greens, then the fish."
"This is a long time favorite. We make it as part of our Christmas tradition. An easy, pungent hors d'ouvre."