- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped smoked salmon
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, onions, lemon peel, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in salmon. Spread over tortillas.
- In a small bowl, toss arugula with olive oil and lemon juice; place over salmon mixture. Roll up tortillas tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cut each roll-up into nine slices. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
Sort By :
These looked all right, but there could be improvements in the flavour.
I would pick the spinach or lettuce over the arugula, which makes it way too bitter.
I would not add any salt since it is not necessary-- smoked salmon is salty enough and the saltiness overwhelmed the cream cheese.
There is no need for lemon zest-- just lemon juice is enough
Dill is a good substitue for the green onion as the green onion enhances salty flavours.
Looks better and tastes better when you spread the cream cheese on the tortilla, then layer a bit of the fish on top, then the greens, then the fish.
This is a long time favorite. We make it as part of our Christmas tradition. An easy, pungent hors d'ouvre.