Smoked Salmon New Potatoes Recipe
- 36 small red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon or lox
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cream cheese, salmon, onion, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- 3. Drain potatoes and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato to allow it to sit flat. With a melon baller, scoop out a small amount of potato (discard or save for another use).
- 4. Pipe or spoon salmon mixture into potatoes. Garnish with dill sprigs. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 stuffed potatoes equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.