Smoked Salmon Dip in Pumpernickel Recipe
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon fillet
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Cut top fourth off of the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the salmon, cream cheese, milk, onions, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Stir in capers.
- 3. Fill bread shell with salmon dip. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without vegetables and bread) equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Dip in Pumpernickel
"This was great!"