VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon fillet
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Cut top fourth off of the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the salmon, cream cheese, milk, onions, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Stir in capers.
- Fill bread shell with salmon dip. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Dip in Pumpernickel in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p43
Reviews forSmoked Salmon Dip in Pumpernickel
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"This was great!"