Flaky salmon and creamy sauce go so well over hard-boiled eggs. Drizzle the sauce or serve it on the side; it's great either way. —Marinela Dragan, Portland, Oregon
- 16 hard-cooked large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup flaked smoked salmon fillet
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon fillets, optional
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Mix in cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, capers, lemon juice, horseradish sauce, mustard and pepper. Fold in salmon. Spoon into egg whites. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish sauce and mustard. If desired, top eggs with salmon; serve with sauce. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review