Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 16 hard-cooked large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup flaked smoked salmon fillet
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon fillets, optional
- 1. Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Mix in cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, capers, lemon juice, horseradish sauce, mustard and pepper. Fold in salmon. Spoon into egg whites. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- 2. For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish sauce and mustard. If desired, top eggs with salmon; serve with sauce. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 stuffed egg half equals 129 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.