- 16 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup flaked smoked salmon fillet
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon fillets, optional
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Mix in cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, capers, lemon juice, horseradish sauce, mustard and pepper. Fold in salmon. Spoon into egg whites. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish sauce and mustard. If desired, top eggs with salmon; serve with sauce. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
Sort By :
"I had some grilled salmon left over that needed to be used, so I made just a few of these eggs as a test. The eggs were very tasty, but the sauce was not needed. Separately, used as a dip with chips, the sauce would be good. Volunteer field editor."
"This was good. If you like smoked salmon mousse you'll like this recipe. The sauce was too much and not needed."