Smoked Salmon Cucumber Canapes Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into cucumber halves.
- 2. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until filling is firm. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 6 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Cucumber Canapes
"I have made this numerous times, but only once the way the recipe says. I found that the filling falls off the cucumber, so I modified it, and I get great reviews each time. Here's what I do: I take a medium cucumber without seeds and finely dice it. I add that in with the salmon mixture, although I double the salmon, capers, dijon, pepper and add another Tbsp of lemon, plus 1/2 of a small onion (can change all these amounts to suit taste and to account for the addition of the cucumber added into the mix). After the mixture marinates for a few hours, I serve it scooped into endive boats, or into hollowed out cherry tomatoes, or with celery sticks, or on cucumber slices, but any vegggie-type delivery means may work depending on your tastes. Both dieters and non-dieters love this recipe, assuming that they like smoked salmon. It is a strong flavored dish, but yummy and healthy! I gave it only 4 stars because I modified it so much, but my version gets 5 stars in my book!"
"This appetizer was a hit at my superbowl party. Everyone loved and it was the first empty plate."
"This is a pungent appetizer with very sharp flavors - not for the food timid."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.