Smoked Salmon Cucumber Canapes
“This is the one appetizer that I'm always asked to bring to parties. It's simple, comes together quick and is always a winner," says Judy Grebetz of Racine, Wisconsin.
44 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. In a
- small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into cucumber
- Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until filling is
- firm. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 canape equals 6 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.