“This is the one appetizer that I'm always asked to bring to parties. It's simple, comes together quick and is always a winner," says Judy Grebetz of Racine, Wisconsin.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into cucumber halves.
- Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until filling is firm. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Cucumber Canapes in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Cucumber Canapes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review