Smoked Salmon Cherry Tomatoes
These bright red festive bites are a show stopping finger food during the holiday season, at Easter and for the Fourth of July. With the smoked salmon filling, these appetizers seem elegant...and they're convenient because you can prepare them ahead.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Cut a thin slice off each tomato top; scoop out and discard pulp.
- Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine
- the salmon, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. Spoon into
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Insert a
- star tip into a pastry or plastic bag. Pipe a small amount of cream
- cheese mixture onto tomatoes. Garnish with dill. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.