- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Cut a thin slice off each tomato top; scoop out and discard pulp. Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. Spoon into tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Insert a star tip into a pastry or plastic bag. Pipe a small amount of cream cheese mixture onto tomatoes. Garnish with dill. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Cherry Tomatoes
Sort By :
"This was delicious!! I wasn't sure how keen my kids would be on the lox separate from the cream cheese, so I combined the cream cheese with the lox/peppers/onion mix and then just filled the tomatoes with the result. I then topped with dill and voila! Everyone loved them, including my chef father-in-law. I had leftover filling, so I mixed in dill and refrigerated it overnight for bagels. Yum!"
" Yes I agree!
"I use this recipe all the time."
"I use this recipe all the time, It is a keeper."
"I think this takes longer than 25 minutes if you're working alone. I would plan for at least an hour. They were a great hit though and taste great! Very creative."