Smoked Salmon Cheesecake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 packages (three 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Combine the bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; sprinkle into pan, coating bottom and sides. Set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the cream, pepper and remaining Parmesan cheese. add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in the onion mixture, salmon and Swiss cheese.
- 3. Wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil around bottom of prepared pan. Pour salmon mixture into pan. Place in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1-1/2 in. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove foil and sides of pan. Serve with crackers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 each: 307 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
"I have taken this to many Christmas parties through out the years and it has always been a hit!! Many people have asked me for the recipe, but everyone knows I'm the one that brings it to the annual parties. I serve it up with cherry tomatoes and green olives and a variation of crackers and breads, I've also stuffed celery with it."
"This is an awesome recipe and make a wonderful appetizer or bring to like work function."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.