Smoked Salmon Canapes Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 36 slices cocktail rye bread
- 12 ounces sliced smoked salmon or lox
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and dill. Spread on rye bread. Top with salmon and red onion. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
3 each: 155 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Canapes
"Simply divine! And divinely simple. No wonder this combination of flavors is considered a classic in canapes."