Smoked Salmon Canapes
"My boyfriend's mother gave me the idea for this classy appetizer that I serve for Sunday brunch and special occasions like New Year's Eve," says Tristin Crenshaw, Tucson, Arizona. "The textures are flavors of the dill, cream cheese and smoked salmon are scrumptious together." Spread on cocktail rye bread, it's sure to be the toast of your buffet!"
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 36 slices cocktail rye bread
- 12 ounces sliced smoked salmon or lox
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and dill. Spread on rye bread.
- Top with salmon and red onion. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 canapes) equals 155 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.