Smoked Salmon Canapes Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 36 slices cocktail rye bread
- 12 ounces sliced smoked salmon or lox
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and dill. Spread on rye bread. Top with salmon and red onion. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (3 canapes) equals 155 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Canapes
"Simply divine! And divinely simple. No wonder this combination of flavors is considered a classic in canapes."