Smoked Salmon Bites with Shallot Sauce Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4-1/2 ounces smoked salmon or lox, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry; cut into 25 squares. Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, grate one shallot and finely chop the other. In a small bowl, combine shallots, mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar. While whisking, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Spoon a small amount of sauce onto each pastry; layer with arugula and salmon. Drizzle with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 25 appetizers.
1 appetizer: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Bites with Shallot Sauce
"These were tasty and look great. The sauce was a bit bitter so next time I will reduce the shallots to 1 and the Dijon mustard to one tablespoon."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.