Smoked Salmon Bites with Shallot Sauce
Tangy mayonnaise-Dijon sauce adds zip to flaky pastry and layers of crisp arugula, thinly sliced smoked salmon and nutty-flavored Asiago cheese. —Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
25 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4-1/2 ounces smoked salmon or lox, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry; cut into 25 squares.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until
- golden brown.
- Meanwhile, grate one shallot and finely chop the other. In a small
- bowl, combine shallots, mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar. While
- whisking, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Spoon a small amount
- of sauce onto each pastry; layer with arugula and salmon. Drizzle
- with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 25 appetizers.