Smoked Salmon Appetizer Crepes Recipe
A creamy filling featuring smoked salmon and fresh chives is tucked inside golden, tender crepes. A splash of brandy adds impeccable flavor. Folded into quarters and cut in half, the cute nibbles are never passed up.—Karen Sue Garback-Pristera, Albany, New York
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brandy or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 package (4 ounces) smoked salmon or lox
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer.
- 3. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and chives until fluffy. Stir in salmon.
- 5. To serve, spread each crepe with about 2 tablespoons filling. Fold the crepes into quarters; cut each folded crepe into two wedges. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 100 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC