I often spoon my salmon spread onto endive leaves for an easy and pretty presentation. It’s a healthful addition to any celebration.—Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
Recommended: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 ounces smoked salmon or lox
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped (white parts only)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Assorted fresh vegetables or assorted crackers
- Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with chives; serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Spread in Country Woman December/January 2011, p45
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2011
"Would make it once in awhile, had some girls over and they said it was okay. Would put in more salmon as it needed the taste."