With colorful flecks from diced red pepper and chives, this savory cheesecake is a pretty addition to an appetizer buffet. Its wonderful rich flavor has a pleasant touch of smoky salmon. Slice it into wedges and serve with your favorite crackers.—Virginia Galloway, Houston, Texas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in oil until tender; set aside to cool.
- Line the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the chives, cheeses, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper sauce and reserved onion mixture. Fold in salmon. Pour into prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon and Chives Cheesecake in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Smoked Salmon and Chives Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review