Apple and sweet potato flavors combine so nicely with pork. My family enjoys simple dinners like this one.—Helen Sanders, Fort Myers, Florida
- 6 smoked boneless pork chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut lengthwise into thirds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with sweet potatoes. Combine brown sugar and pepper; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Top with apples; drizzle with apple juice.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p98
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Smoked Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review