- 1 large navel orange
- 2 smoked bone-in pork rib chops (3/4 inch thick and about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Grate 1 teaspoon orange peel; set aside. Peel and section the orange. Set four segments aside; coarsely chop remaining segments and set aside.
- In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Place chops in an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the celery, onion and parsley in butter until tender. Add the croutons, walnuts and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth and reserved chopped orange and peel. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Spoon dressing over the chops; top with reserved orange segments. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Pork Chops with Dressing in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p11
Reviews for Smoked Pork Chops with Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review