- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 smoked pork chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in apple and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; top with pork chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Pork Chop Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p236
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Smoked Pork Chop Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2012
I've made this twice already and always turns out tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >