- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 thin slices smoked deli ham
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in bread crumbs to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes. Turn; cook 2 minutes longer. Top with ham and mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with sage. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Remove from heat.
- Add pesto to pasta and toss to coat. Serve chicken with pasta. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Smoked Mozzarella Chicken with Pasta
"This has become a regular in our menu rotation. I almost always use ham and I've topped it with smoked mozzarella, havarti and provolone depending what I had on hand and what was on sale. ALWAYS a winner!"
"Tried w/o ham and it was great"