Smoked Linkburgers Recipe
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked sausage links
- 8 hot dog or hoagie buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into eight portions and shape each portion around a sausage link.
- 2. Grill or broil until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, turning frequently. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 447 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.