Smoked Kielbasa with Rice
With a little bit of zip and just the right amount of smokiness, this sausage-and-rice medley is an easy way to please the gang. Omit the rice and serve the sausage pieces as an appetizer with toothpicks. Nicole Jackson - El Paso, TX
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, saute the kielbasa, onion and bacon until onion is
- tender; drain. Add the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, horseradish,
- water, garlic and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without rice) equals 586 calories, 42 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 2,052 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a