Smoked Gouda Veggie Melt Recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place mushrooms, broccoli, pepper and onion in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Roast 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place bread slices on a baking sheet. Mix mayonnaise and garlic; spread over bread.
- 3. Change oven setting to broil. Spoon vegetables over bread slices; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
2 open-faced sandwiches: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Smoked Gouda Veggie Melt
"Very good! Substituted creamy avocado for the mayo and they were gone in no time."
"Made for Football Sunday- Not a single one was left! Everyone loved it- even my picky 5 year old loved it! I Will definitely make this AGAIN and AGAIN! This recipe is a keeper!"
"Good also with shredded mozzarella cheese instead of gouda or with whole wheat rolls instead of Italian bread."