Smoked Gouda Veggie Melt Recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place mushrooms, broccoli, pepper and onion in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Roast 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place bread slices on a baking sheet. Mix mayonnaise and garlic; spread over bread.
- 3. Change oven setting to broil. Spoon vegetables over bread slices; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Gouda Veggie Melt
"Very good! Substituted creamy avocado for the mayo and they were gone in no time."
"Made for Football Sunday- Not a single one was left! Everyone loved it- even my picky 5 year old loved it! I Will definitely make this AGAIN and AGAIN! This recipe is a keeper!"
"Good also with shredded mozzarella cheese instead of gouda or with whole wheat rolls instead of Italian bread."