"My daughter actually created this savory pizza recipe as an appetizer. There's never a crumb left!" Marie Hattrup Sparks, Nevada
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Unroll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in Alfredo sauce and thyme. Spread over crust. Top with spinach, sausage and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 10 pieces.
Originally published as Smoked Gouda Spinach Pizza in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p58
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Smoked Gouda Spinach Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review