- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Unroll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in Alfredo sauce and thyme. Spread over crust. Top with spinach, sausage and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 10 pieces.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Smoked Gouda Spinach Pizza
Sort By :
"Very delicious! Great flavor! Love the Italian chicken sausages on there! Better than some of the gourmet pizza that we have had out. The only modification I did was to make my own pizza crust. One of the reviewers mentioned a bitter taste. I used Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce and did not have any problems, but I agree with her in that some of the store bought alfredo sauces do have strange after tastes."
"Tough to rate something I couldn't get the kids to even try. This recipe is definitely not kid friendly if you have picky eaters, or even regular eaters. My husband and I thought it was okay, but we would have preferred shredded or cooked chicken instead of the chicken sausage."
"I'm a little conflicted on how to rate this. I could barely eat this because of the bitter aftertaste, however, it could have been due to the Alfredo sauce that I chose. I used Emeril'S 4 Cheese Alfredo."
"I made this recipe today for supper and was given a thumbs up. They weren't sure what to think when I served it, but were pleasantly surprised by the nice blend of flavors."
"DELICIOUS! A nice change from the usual tomato based pizza. Definitely a keeper."