- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef, finely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. On a lightly floured surface, unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal.
- Spread half of the roast beef mixture over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into twenty-four 1/2-inch slices. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, cut side down. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and roast beef mixture.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Smoked Gouda & Roast Beef Pinwheels
"These were a huge hit at my sister's baby shower! They look so fancy and really aren't hard to make at all."
"Super Bowl crowd loved these! They are very yummy but quite rich. Easy to make except for cutting the pinwheels from the "logs" (rolled up pastry). I ended up putting the logs in the freezer to facilitate cutting."
"These were excellent. I think you could use any kind of deli meat- ham would probably be what I use next time. I think you could even use roasted veggies to make it vegetarian. Also, I'd love to try adding red pepper flakes & garlic powder. I would definitely make these again. Unique appetizer and so easy to make!"