Smoked Gouda & Raspberry Salads
An exceptional homemade raspberry vinaigrette tops this colorful salad. You'll have bursts of flavor and texture from the smoked Gouda, raspberries and crunchy nuts.Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, shaved
- 1/3 cup Brazil nuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Place the vinegar, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup raspberries in a food
- processor; cover and process until pureed.
- Divide salad greens among eight salad plates; top with cheese, nuts,
- shallots and remaining raspberries. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch.