Smoked Chops with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 6 fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 1 cup mild jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 1. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cherries, jelly and coriander if desired. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 239 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Smoked Chops with Cherry Sauce
"Where does one find fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops? The picture appears to be bone-in pork chops."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.