Smoked Chops with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 6 fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 1 cup mild jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 1. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cherries, jelly and coriander if desired. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Smoked Chops with Cherry Sauce
"Where does one find fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops? The picture appears to be bone-in pork chops."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.