Smoked Chops with Cherry Sauce
Grilling out? A sweet-but-spicy sauce is the secret to these moist pork chops from Betty Kleberger in Florissant, Missouri. With a light touch of heat, they’ll turn up the flavor on a summer night. Serve the chops with a fruity salad and a pitcher of iced tea or smoothies.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 1 cup mild jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each
- side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes
- before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cherries, jelly and
- coriander if desired. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve
- with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.