Grilling out? A sweet-but-spicy sauce is the secret to these moist pork chops from Betty Kleberger in Florissant, Missouri. With a light touch of heat, they’ll turn up the flavor on a summer night. Serve the chops with a fruity salad and a pitcher of iced tea or smoothies.
- 6 fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 1 cup mild jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cherries, jelly and coriander if desired. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoked Chops with Cherry Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Smoked Chops with Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2011
"Where does one find fully cooked smoked boneless pork chops? The picture appears to be bone-in pork chops."