Smoked Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker; rub with Liquid Smoke if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion. Combine the ketchup, mustard and celery seed; spread over meat.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Transfer cooking juices to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Serve with brisket, thinly sliced across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 266 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 39g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 5 lean meat
Reviews for Smoked Beef Brisket
"While this recipe is OK, there is no smoked flavor to it. It tastes more like Swiss Steak. The ingredients list is short, which is good if you want to get something into the slow cooker quickly. If you really want a smoked flavor, it might be worth trying and increasing the amount of liquid smoke.There is a brisket recipe in the book "Cheater BBQ" which makes brisket as good as can be obtained from a BBQ joint. I'll try some other brisket slow cooker recipes I've found but this one for me is not a keeper."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.