Smoked Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker; rub with Liquid Smoke if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion. Combine the ketchup, mustard and celery seed; spread over meat.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Transfer cooking juices to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Serve with brisket, thinly sliced across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounces equals 266 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Smoked Beef Brisket
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.