Smiling Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 24 Popsicle sticks
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Red, blue and green paste food coloring
- Assorted small candies
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Roll dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; insert a wooden pop stick in the center of each.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Divide frosting among three bowls; tint as desired. Place each color of frosting in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe hair and mouths onto cookies; use a dab of frosting to attach small candies for eyes. Let dry at least 30 minutes. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 180 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Smiling Sugar Cookies
"This is auntiechooch again. for some reason I lost the review I was writing. We are suppose to put our baked goods in a zip lock box. But since I only got 9 out of my batch of dough, and ny frosting is not hardening so I think I am going to stand them up in a piece of styrofoam. I know the cookies will be a big hit. Thak you for sharing your recipe and talent. Take Care and May God Bless You,Fondly, Auntiechooch"