Smiley Face Pancakes Recipe
Youngsters will have as much fun making these tender and tasty treats as they do eating them. Just top with your favorite fruit or syrup.—Janette Garner, Carmel, Indiana
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red, green, yellow and blue liquid or paste food coloring
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, egg, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; mix until smooth. Place 1 tablespoon of batter each in four bowls. Color one red, one green, one yellow and one blue. Drop remaining batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle.
- 2. To create face, paint colored batter on pancakes with a new small paintbrush. Cook until bubbles form on the top. Turn and cook until second side is golden. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 339 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 809 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Smiley Face Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC