- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Red, green, yellow and blue liquid or paste food coloring
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, egg, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; mix until smooth. Place 1 tablespoon of batter each in four bowls. Color one red, one green, one yellow and one blue. Drop remaining batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle.
- To create face, paint colored batter on pancakes with a new small paintbrush. Cook until bubbles form on the top. Turn and cook until second side is golden. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Smiley Face Pancakes in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p41
Reviews for Smiley Face Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review