"I wouldn't dream of making my favorite chicken recipe without making these potatoes, too," writes Jennifer Shaw of Dorchester, Massachusetts.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 7 to 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds), quartered
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with the sour cream, milk, butter,
- salt, pepper and nutmeg. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 233 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.