Having invited four women friends for dinner, I wanted to do something different with the potatoes. We all love portobello mushrooms, so I came up with the idea for Smashed Potatoes Portobello, and each of us thought it was a hit! —Patricia Mangum, Sierra Vista, Arizona
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter and oil until tender. Stir in the green onions, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash, gradually adding the cubed butter, cream and mushroom mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Smashed Potatoes Portobello in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p108
Reviews for Smashed Potatoes Portabello
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review