- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, almonds, sugar and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and cornstarch; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each crescent into chocolate; decorate with sprinkles as desired. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 15 cookies.
Originally published as Small-Batch Dipped Vanillas in Cooking for 2 Newsletter 2009, p12/09
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Small-Batch Dipped Vanillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2009
"This recipe is incredibly easy to make and tastes very very good. It's definitely a keeper."