- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, almonds, sugar and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and cornstarch; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each crescent into chocolate; decorate with sprinkles as desired. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 15 cookies.
Originally published as Small-Batch Dipped Vanillas in Cooking for 2 Newsletter 2009, p12/09
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Small-Batch Dipped Vanillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2009
"This recipe is incredibly easy to make and tastes very very good. It's definitely a keeper."