Small Batch Brownies Recipe
If the dessert just has to be chocolate, these rich fudgy brownies are a perfect solution for your family. And you can pretty them up with a dusting of powdered sugar. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk egg and vanilla; gradually whisk in sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 brownie equals 179 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC