If the dessert just has to be chocolate, these rich fudgy brownies are a perfect solution for your family. And you can pretty them up with a dusting of powdered sugar. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and vanilla; gradually whisk in sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Small Batch Brownies in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p54
Reviews for Small Batch Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review