- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and vanilla; gradually whisk in sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Small Batch Brownies
"Very blah. Not chocolatey enough nor sweet enough & very dry. Will not make again."
"I made it according to the recipe, and the bottom was gooey and hard to get off the foil lining I put in my meatloaf pan, but it tasted good. I made it using two tablespoon sugar and the rest Splenda. It was dry and didn't taste good."
"Moist & rich! Perfect quick dessert for two. I used a 6 inch ceramic tart dish . Cooking time was just right."
"1/2 ounce chocolate??"
"Delicious! As common sense should dictate, all ovens are a little bit different, some are hotter than others etc.....so DO check these so they are not overbaked. In my oven they were done perfectly in 16 minutes."