Smackin' Good Snack Mix
Tailgaters love to munch, so this crunchy snack mix is perfect for a pre-game spread. "Everyone who has tried it likes it," says Lucile Cline of Wichita, Kansas. A retired Extension home economist, Lucile won a ribbon at the state fair with this recipe.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 6 cups original Bugles
- 5 cups nacho cheese-flavored Bugles
- 4 cups miniature cheese crackers
- 1 package (6 ounces) miniature colored fish-shaped crackers
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups Crispix
- 2 cups lightly salted cashews
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil
- 2 envelopes (1 ounce each) ranch salad dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine first seven
- ingredients. Combine oil and dressing mix; pour over cracker mixture
- and toss to coat.
- Transfer to three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 40-45 minutes
- or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Cool on wire racks. Store in
- an airtight container. Yield: 6 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 217 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.