Tailgaters love to munch, so this crunchy snack mix is perfect for a pre-game spread. "Everyone who has tried it likes it," says Lucile Cline of Wichita, Kansas. A retired Extension home economist, Lucile won a ribbon at the state fair with this recipe.
- 6 cups original Bugles
- 5 cups nacho cheese-flavored Bugles
- 4 cups miniature cheese crackers
- 1 package (6 ounces) miniature colored fish-shaped crackers
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups Crispix
- 2 cups lightly salted cashews
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil
- 2 envelopes (1 ounce each) ranch salad dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Combine oil and dressing mix; pour over cracker mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 quarts.
Originally published as Smackin' Good Snack Mix in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p11
Reviews for Smackin' Good Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review