VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate syrup or ice cream topping
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, cocoa and sugar. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients until almost smooth. Stir in marshmallows and pecans.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Top with ice cream and syrup. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Slumber Party Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p64