Slumber Party Cookie Pizza Recipe
Here's a special delivery from Shirley Petryk! She bakes her chewy cookie in a pizza pan, adds convenient canned frosting for the "sauce" and slices gumdrops to look like pepperoni, mushrooms and more on top. "I'm always making this recipe for my 12 grandchildren," the Redmond Washington cook relates. "Presented to them in a pizza box, the treat gets rave reviews every time."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting or 2 cups frosting of your choice
- Red, black, white, green and yellow gumdrops
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pat onto a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- Spread frosting to within 1 in. of edge. Using a sharp knife, cut red gumdrops into 1/4-in. slices. Cut black gumdrops into slices and cut a hole in the center. Cut white gumdrops lengthwise, then into mushroom shapes. Cut green gumdrops into slices and place a small piece of red gumdrop in the center. Dice yellow and more green gumdrops.
- Arrange all gumdrop shapes over frosting. Melt white chips; place in a pastry or plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner; drizzle over pizza. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Slumber Party Cookie Pizza in Country Woman January/February 2000, p20
Reviews for Slumber Party Cookie Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2008
it's really good