- 1 jar (24 ounces) tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Simmered Meat Ragu in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Slow-Simmered Meat Ragu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2014
"Very good and a nice change from the traditional hamburger or sausage sauce but it is more expensive to make."