Slow-Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
Seasoned with oregano and cheese, Martha Chayet's tomatoes take on a wonderfully intense flavor as they roast in the oven. "Serve these warm as a side dish," she suggests from her home in Manchester-by-the Sea, Massachusetts. "They are very nice with grilled chicken. This dish is good year-round-even in winter, when tomatoes aren't at their best."
- 16 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper; drizzle with oil. Bake at 250° for 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Roasted Tomatoes in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p14
Reviews for Slow-Roasted Tomatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2011
I've made this recipe several times. It's a great way to make tasteless supermarket tomatoes really pop with flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Roasted Vegetables >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >